Saturday, January 6, 2018

"u r a romantic, kiddo" jo says

-
i heard the only exception in public yesterday.
for the first time ever (!!!!!)

& i knew with the same heaviness in my heart that i always had that life is going to be... ok.
perhaps i know with a certainty that i was simply meant to only experience love and joy in ripples.
my life feels like a series of held breaths, almost as if if i dare speak something into existence
it would be taken away next
with bated breath: you are the only exception // i'm on my way to believing
and i'm exhausted from holding my breath.
-
there is not a single word in the whole world that could describe the hurt
the dullest knife just sawing back and forth and ripping through the softest skin there ever was

-
the irony of having a perfect night only to be scared off by myself.
again, again,
and again.

-
grace
with grace
fingertips
our fingertips,
grace -
graze
a collision of what
i used to know and what
i know now
graze against my skin
like a missed shot

in this moment
i want to stay here for all time
just like this, just
like that
i like where i am
in this moment.

with you.

No comments: