Thursday, September 19, 2013

rain i need you more than ever please return to us
||  “I have never been kissed.
Well,
I have had someone lean in quick
like being seen with me
was going to ruin who everyone thought they were.
I was a fragile glass plate,
that his grandmother told him not to touch,
but he just had to put one finger on it, just to see
what the big deal was -
except he didn’t even leave a fingerprint,
he ran away so fast.
and I have been kissed the way
leeches and ticks and mosquitoes
go after what they want without ever
thinking of who they want it from -
with the risk of being swatted away never
entering their minds.
they just take and take
and take.
and he took and took and took.

but I have never, really,
been kissed,
the way someone who loves you
should kiss you.
the way that makes you going over
and over everything
three months afterwards.

I have never, really,
been kissed with the lips of another,
or the soul,
or the mind.

Desire is a funny,
funny feeling,
but it doesn’t always listen,
when you tell it to leave,
or tell it to stay.
and it looks different in everyone’s
eyes.”

No comments: